Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

Another 5 FREE online tools you should be using for your business


I've recently started using so many online tools to make my life easier that my previous post about 5 of them wasn't nearly enough!  Here are 5 more I couldn't do without :

1. Buffer

Buffer is very similar to Hootsuite (previous article) in that it allows you to schedule your posts on Facebook and Twitter.   There are also add-on’s for your browser which enable you to add articles to your Buffer straight from the page and because of its Twitter integration you can also schedule retweets straight from your Twitter page.  Now staying engaged couldn’t be easier.

2. Teamviewer

I have a client whom I absolutely love, but she does tend to phone me for help with even the smallest software glitches or problems.  It’s often difficult to explain what to do over the phone and I couldn’t go to her office every time she needed help (or she’d be broke.)  She’s installed an app called Teamviewer which enables me to log onto her computer remotely from my PC and do whatever I need to.  Make sure you set it up so it asks your permission before anyone can log onto your PC.  You can see every move the person performs on your screen as it happens.  You can even set it up to allow you to log on to your office computer while you’re at home or via the web from anywhere else in the world.

3. Simplybook.me

This is a powerful tool for those in the service industry.  Your customers can go online to your unique Simplybook.me url and book appointments with you.  You can add a “book now” button to your webpage or your can integrate the app into your Facebook page.  Additional features include sms reminders, Paypal support and an image gallery.

4. Bitly

I really don’t like including long links in my e-mails and social network postings because they tend to look untidy and they take up a lot of space.  Bitly  is used to shorten a long URL, share it, and then track the number of clicks that link gets.

“bitly works by issuing a "301 redirect": a technique for making a webpage available under many URLs. When you shorten a link with bitly, you are redirecting a click from bitly to the destination URL. A 301 redirect is the most efficient and search engine-friendly method for webpage redirection, and is what bitly uses. Because bitly doesn’t re-use or modify links, we consider our redirects to be permanent.”

5. Evernote

I’m really trying to keep my business as paperless as possible and Evernote helps me do that. It also manages my bookmarks, stores files and images, allows me to make voice or text notes, clips text from webpages that I find interesting and want to use later, creates grocery lists, and, and, and … the list is endless.  Evernote is EXACTLY what you need to get organised.

Take a look at all Evernotes features here.

Do you have any online tools that you find really useful? Share them with us in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment